Friday, May 14, 2010

Lost in the 50's

There are a few things that I absolutely love about living in a small town, one of them is the parades. We have two parades every year that I really don't like missing, the 4th of July and Lost in the 50's. Lost in the 50's is a when people come from all over the place to show off their vintage cars, I"m not a car person, but the cars really are amazing.

The trees are budding right now and the yellow/green stuff comes from the buds, it's a wonderful time of year.

They just don't design cars like they use to, I love the detail in the old cars.

I have often said that I was supposed to be born in the first half of the 20th century, the life seemed simpler. For some odd reason, this truck made me think of the old-time farm, I would love to be able to travel back in time and partake of that time for just a little while.

These next two shots are of my good friend Bob's car. Bob loves cars, and he loves this car. Since I was a little kid I can remember Bob's flaming car. So here it is, a walk down my memory lane.

5 comments:

Rosie Boren said...

fun photos!

Heidi and Ben Daniel said...

Love the photos....especially of Bob's car :). Can you believe that Ben has never been to Lost in the 50's? Sad, I know.

DAVID BOREN said...

I haven't been to Lost in the 50's since high school. I remember it being such a fun weekend. We'll have to make a trip up sometime when they're having it. Enjoy beautiful Sandpoint! Send me that updated Wheaties Box when you get the chance.

marian said...

Ahhhhh, fun!

Deanna said...

Michael, I'm so glad I have good ideas:) I somehow stumbled across your blog:) The parade was fun, I love Sandpoint!

Ps. I have great ideas sometimes - hence this post:)