Thursday, April 29, 2010

Camera Mount

Hello everyone,
I made it back from Israel/Palestine without any problems, it was a wonderful trip, thank you to all who helped. So, I'm in the process of buying video/photo equipment, this is to strengthen my portfolio and make sure I don't loose the skills that I already have. I have decided to buy the Canon t21, it's a DSLR that can shoot in full HD video and takes great photos (I hope, I still have to make enough to buy it). I have also just bought a new computer (a 13" macbook pro) along with the editing software I need, this is all very pricey, but I hope that it all pays off in the end. One thing that it really fun with film is trying to figure out how to keep the camera steady when moving, a DSLR has other interesting problems (it's not made for steady continues shooting, just one at a time), so I took an existing product and created a mount that really helps keep things steady. These things can be super expensive, but mine only cost $4!! Anywho, all is well.
Yes, that is my 'Flip' attached to the mount, it's all I have right now, so don't laugh.

This 'feature' is really nice with the DSLR, it makes it so you can still hold the camera with your right hand and the left side gives it nice stability.

No comments: